Sunday, July 30, 2017

We Have a Winner!

QuiltNebraska was held July 27 to 30 in Kearney, and on Saturday evening, we drew for the winner of Scarlet Sampler.



I'm pleased to announce that Deborah Hickman from Omaha is the new owner of the quilt. It was great fun to call her and share the good news. She is excited and looks forward to receiving the quilt someday soon.

We made a matching pillowcase to hold the quilt, and machine embroidered some of the information on the band. It's pinned to the right-hand side of the quilt in the photo above.

I'd like to thank everyone who supported NSQG by purchasing tickets on the quilt. We sold all 4999 of them, which is the number allowed by Nebraska's gaming laws. Many people purchased 20 or 40 tickets. Every single dollar helped us reach our goal. I'm so grateful for people's generosity.

Thank you to Jan Wilson, the current president of NSQG, who gave me the opportunity to work on Scarlet Sampler. It's been a privilege.

A huge thanks to Keri Wheeler, who was such a big help in every way. Keri and I did most of the piecing, and she's really good at patchwork. She's a precise piecer and that really paid off. Keri also served as the "quilt mom," which meant she oversaw the ticket sales, kept track of the money, took the quilt to guild meetings, sat and sold tickets in many venues, and generally kept things on track. Keri was invaluable!


Debra Bauerle did the extraordinary hand appliqué on the quilt. She does gorgeous work! I'm so grateful that she consented to help us. Thank you, Deb!

Glenda Herz also contributed to the quilt, and we're grateful for her part as well. Kris Vierra is a wonderful longarm quilter, and we owe her a big thank you, too. The quilting really brought the quilt to life and we highly recommend Kris's work. She's a pro.




As for me, I took lots of last-minute photos. Sending this quilt off into the world was harder than taking my firstborn to college! I feel like a piece of me goes with it. I am thrilled that its new owner is a quilter who will take good care of it and treasure it always. I was very worried about that. Now I can rest easy!

It's been quite a ride. Farewell, Scarlet Sampler.


No comments:

Post a Comment